Friday, August 14, 2009

OMIGOD, YOU GUYS!! Legally Blonde news...


legally-blonde-costume, originally uploaded by jhartnow.

You all know that Legally Blonde is a favorite movie of mine, and subsequently went on to be one of my favorite Broadway musicals. I was fortunate to work with the costumes for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS last year, creating Elle's "First Day at Harvard" costume. I was fascinated by her pink leather coat (faux, of course!) that Gregg Barnes designed. To my delight, I now own one of those pink coats, and it prompted me to post the new LEGALLY BLONDE costume that's coming out in time for Halloween this year. Based on the pink pleather suit that Reese Witherspoon wore in the film, the three piece replica looks to be made of polyester or a poly spandex (Typical for cheap(er) Halloween costumes). They did pay close attention to the cut of the costume, though, right down to the slits in the sleeves. I like the "LB" zipper pull that's on it. Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment