Monday, March 30, 2009

The days seem to merge seamlessly together...

As my blog title suggests, and at the risk of sounding trite, I'm completely and utterly...irrevocably...in love with a fictional character. I am proud to say that I was a Twilight fan before the hype. Before the movie. Before Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart became household names in every t'weens home. I'm also proud to say that my obsession with making the Twilight world a very tangible thing around me has come with great ease, a little bit of persuasion (also one of Jane Austen's best tales), and money that I didn't really have. Like they say, all things come to those who wait...and to date I am curating the largest private collection of original Twilight film costumes and props. Of course I've bought into all of the "hype". NECA has been a major ball buster on the pocketbook front.

Speaking of which, my newest TWILIGHT prop is Bella's leather handbag, used by Kristen Stewart throughout the film. The original was made by a lovely artist named Angie, who maintains a website called thecraftydevils.com. It's majorly cool. She explains how the initial bag was bought for filming and then a duplicate had to be made ASAP for Kristen's double. She's now making a limited number of these bags, so if you're totally keen on owning a piece of the Twilight film, here's your chance.

AS SEEN IN TWILIGHT! Bella's bag in the movie Twilight...AS SEEN IN TWILIGHT! Bella's bag in the movie Twilight...

No comments:

Post a Comment