Monday, March 30, 2009

The Twilight DVD Midnight Release Party

So, as fortunate as I've been to acquire the bits of Twilightdom as I have, I had the pleasure of displaying a few costumes at the Columbia, SC HOT TOPIC store for their DVD release party, held March 20th. Maggie dressed up as Victoria and I was sort of a "Culmination Cullen"...which translated into a hot mess. But, I have to say, being pale and sparkly was the best way to pick up chicks. If, um, I was trying to. Iminlovewithrobpattinson. Ahem. Or was that Amen? So yeah, pale and sparkly...and women...teens...girls...want you to pose for pictures biting their necks. Here are a few photos from the night...



A few of the costumes on display. Alice's "Meet the Cullens" dress, shrug and leggings. Bella's complete "Ballet Studio" costume (the coat was used in other scenes as well), Edward's grey "Crash" jacket from the van scene and Bella's prom dress and sweater.

I really love this jacket:

I swear that I'm not in love with Robert AS Edward. I'm in lust with Robert as Robert. Period. Double period.

The first-edition paperback book I donated as a raffle prize for the evening, signed by Rob, Kristen and Stephenie Meyer. Among other hot items to be given away were a life-size cutout of Edward and a poster signed by Taylor Lautner.



The "refreshment" Table after the party was over at 1am. Nestle Crunch anyone?

As a bit 'o fun after the party was over, I let the HOT TOPIC employees try on some of the costumes. Trey is 6'2...Robert Pattinson's height. He fit nearly perfectly into his size M G-Star jacket from the "Crash" scene in the film.

Excuse me while I zip you up...and button you up. Can I bite you?


Yeah, Trey put the HOT in Hot Topic. I think it was the BEATLES belt buckle. What a swell guy, that Trey.


Lynn wearing Bella's coat from the forest, meadow and ballet scenes.

2 comments:

  1. John! I'm your first "follower". You are too cute, I like the blog. I wish I would have known that you were going to be at Hot Topic that night. It looks like you had sooo much fun. Talk you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want an Edward!!!! <3 lol

    <3 ya cuz

    Caylyn

    ReplyDelete