Friday, May 15, 2009

Edward Cullen

So, anyone who saw the film TWILIGHT would recognize Edward Cullen from his grey wool peacoat. Since I began collecting costumes and props from the movie, it's been an ongoing quest to find the same coat, which meant I would have to have it made. The coat that Robert Pattinson wore as Edward were all constructed for him, based on classic peacoats, with a modern twist. The coat(s) I had made (one in Robert's size for display and one to fit me!) were made with endless research to ensure that it would be 100% screen accurate, down to the same grey wool tweed from MOOD FABRICS in LA. No detail was spared, no seam left un...seamed. The coat appears to be many different shades of grey throughout the movie and promo shots (due to so many lightint aspects), but the actual color has an overall pewter finish with a blue satin lining and leather straps on the sides. Although I am no Edward Cullen (or Robert Pattinson) for that matter...this coat absolutely rocks!



Here's Robert in the coat:

robert-in-peacoat by you.














And here I am...in the peacoat!


The picture above is made to my measurements. The next picture is an exact duplicate, made to Robert's measurements. Although it fits me, I can't button it!




Back detailing, showing seams across back and middle of coat. Don't mind my boggy Lucky Brand jeans...I'm in the process of losing some weight. ;O )


No comments:

Post a Comment