Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Consumed...

So, the last few weeks are sort of a blur. There's been mention of how time goes much faster when you get older. Several times, in fact. Too many times. It's making me wish that time would slow down and stop making me feel so...old. Everything has been eating away at me lately...very slowly. But, that's just me: neurotic, obsessive, spontaneous and always seeking immediate gratification.

I had a great conversation with Jan last week about true art. Well, true artists. It made me feel more like a man with a few cheap tricks under his sleeve. Her work is so beautiful and emotional. She thrives on it, and I'm sure that if I were to make a living with my art...well, REAL art...I would probably be a little more in tune with what a true artist is. Nevertheless I feel like a sham. And I'm still paying for it. Literally.

I got hit with the "Oh yeah, I'm single" bug last night. Amanda and I ate at Zorba's Express, and picked up some groceries at Publix on the way home. There was a display of Toasted Head Cab Sav. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't just seen the boy-toy bag-boy, but it just hit me. It's like...I go for weeks without feeling the lonely vibe, and then...WHAM...brick wall. I think that running out of money has something to do with it, too. As long as there's no money...I can't buy stuff. And when I can't buy things like art supplies...craft stuff...cloth...anything to pacify my time, then it's just me, a subway spicy italian on honey oat and reruns of Gilmore Girls. Yeah, I know...Gilmore Girls. Rina used to be obsessed with the show. Then my friend Lisa raved about it. So, I tried the DVR out on it...and it's not half bad. The writing is witty...it's a dramedy that's pretty fun to watch. Fun...if you like that kinda stuff.

We had a good time on Edisto last weekend. Jimmy and Sue rented a beachfront house and brought their friends Erica and Geoff...and their 2 year old, Martin, with them. They were down the whole week with dad, but Amanda and I couldn't make it until Friday evening. The Boston crew had to head out on Saturday morning, but we had the house until Sunday. The sea was our backyard for two short nights. VERY short. We still had a great time.

So, if you haven't heard, I'll be displaying my Twilight Costume Collection at the Twilight Convention in Atlanta. Here's the link. I encourage any Twilighter to come out if you've got the resources. It seems as if it'll be a VERY memorable 3 days:

http://www.creationent.com/cal/twilight_ga.htm

So, Elle Woods is singing "SO MUCH BETTER", which means I'll end this blog on a high note...without breaking my vibratto. "I feel so much better than before..."

Ciao for now,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment